The climax of the 2018-2019 PGA TOUR Season has arrived. The TOUR Championship will be contested at it’s traditional East Lake Golf Club venue in Atlanta, GA. However, the scoring will be anything but traditional as players will start at different totals under par determined by their FEC Ranking. And for the first time, the winner of the tournament and the winner of the FedExCup are guaranteed to be the same player.
East Lake is a par 70 layout tipping out at 7,346 yards. Strokes Gained: Tee to Green and Strokes Gained: Putting have proven to determine much of the success here.
If you’re reading this I have to assume you know about the NBC Predictor. It’s free fantasy golf that still gives you the chance to win cash weekly. If you haven’t signed up or what more info just click here.
Please take note, as previously mentioned, of the unique scoring format for The TOUR Championship. Points in this week’s contest will be awarded using the same format as The TOUR Championship. Please refer to this guide as well as player starting scores on Thursday morning.
In this edition we will review the key statistics for success at East Lake G.C. as well as taking a detailed look into each match up.
- Sagarin Rankings courtesy of Golfweek (SR)
- Strokes Gained: Tee to Green (SGT2G)
- Par 4 Scoring Average (Par 4 Sco)
- Ball Striking (BS)
- Strokes Gained: Putting (SGP)
Sagarin Rankings Explained:
- Power Rating – This is NOT a stroke average. This is a measure of a player statistically against all other players in the database.
- Schedule Strength – The average strength of the field in each event the player has played.
- Schedule Rank – The rank of the players scheduled compared to all players in the database.
- Records – A player’s record based on all players in a competition. For example, if a field is 156 players, the winner would be 155-0-0, solo 2nd place, 154-1-0 and so on.
This ranking system is based on players vs. other players in the same field. Click here to learn more about the Sagarin Rankings.
|Par 4 Sco||5||Par 4 Sco||1|
|Par 4 Sco||1||Par 4 Sco||5|
|Par 4 Sco||11||Par 4 Sco||1|
|Par 4 Sco||26||Par 4 Sco||11|
|Par 4 Sco||26||Par 4 Sco||7|
|Par 4 Sco||60||Par 4 Sco||44|
This Week’s Picks
Play NBC Predictor every week. It costs nothing and gives you a reason to follow the tourney. There is also a Sunday only competition that activates after Saturday’s results are official. The information provided is a guideline for what can be expected on an even playing field. Of course there are other variables that need to be intuitively accounted for. This week just might be the perfect example with having to take the staggered scoring start into account.
So without further ado, on with the show!
The Doctor is OUT…