This week marks the beginning of the new Midwest swing on the PGA TOUR. The boys roll into the Motor City for The Rocket Mortgage Classic at Detroit Golf Club. This is the inaugural event and replaces the Quicken Loans National (same sponsor, different name) which was formerly hosted by Tiger Woods. The course is a par 72 that tips out at about 7,300 yards.
If you’re reading this I have to assume you know about the NBC Predictor. It’s free fantasy golf that still gives you the chance to win cash weekly and win entries into the season ending $100,00 Championship beginning August 8th, 2019. If you haven’t signed up or what more info just click here.
In this addition we will review the key statistics for success at Detroit Golf club as well as taking a detailed look into this week’s match ups.
- Sagarin Rankings courtesy of Golfweek (SR)
- Strokes Gained: Tee to Green (SGT2G)
- Strokes Gained: Approach (SGA)
- Par 5 Scoring Average (Par 5 Sco)
- Birdie or Better % (Bir or Bet %)
Sagarin Rankings Explained:
- Power Rating – This is NOT a stroke average. This is a measure of a player statistically against all other players in the database.
- Schedule Strength – The average strength of the field in each event the player has played.
- Schedule Rank – The rank of the players scheduled compared to all players in the database.
- Records – A player’s record based on all players in a competition. For example, if a field is 156 players, the winner would be 155-0-0, solo 2nd place, 154-1-0 and so on.
This ranking system is based on players vs. other players. Click here to learn more about the Sagarin Rankings.
|Par 5 Sco||18||Par 5 Sco||3|
|Bir or Bet %||23||Bir or Bet %||2|
|Par 5 Sco||74||Par 5 Sco||131|
|Bir or Bet %||22||Bir or Bet %||105|
|Par 5 Sco||7||Par 5 Sco||37|
|Bir or Bet %||79||Bir or Bet %||17|
|Par 5 Sco||82||Par 5 Sco||82|
|Bir or Bet %||45||Bir or Bet %||71|
|Par 5 Sco||64||Par 5 Sco||151|
|Bir or Bet %||53||Bir or Bet %||163|
|Par 5 Sco||82||Par 5 Sco||151|
|Bir or Bet %||94||Bir or Bet %||121|
This Week’s Picks
Play NBC Predictor every week. It costs nothing and gives you a reason to follow the tourney. There is also a Sunday only competition that activates after Saturday’s results are official. The information provided is a guideline for what can be expected on an even playing field. Of course there are other variables that need to be intuitively accounted for. For example, Gary Woodland coming off a whirlwind US Open victory tour or Chez Revie trying to go back-to-back.
So without further ado, on with the show!