The PGA TOUR makes its second of three Midwest stops this week. The 3M Open will be contested at TPC Twin Cities in Blaine, MN. This is the second straight week the field faces a new course. TPC Twin Cities was has hosted a PGA Champions Tour event for the past 18 years. The course has been stretched to over 7,400 yards and will play as a par 71. We still expect plenty of birdies and low scoring based on last week’s course set up.
If you’re reading this I have to assume you know about the NBC Predictor. It’s free fantasy golf that still gives you the chance to win cash weekly and win entries into the season ending $100,000 Championship beginning August 8th, 2019. If you haven’t signed up or what more info just click here.
In this addition we will review the key statistics for success at TPC Twin Cities as well as taking a detailed look into this week’s match ups.
- Sagarin Rankings courtesy of Golfweek (SR)
- Strokes Gained: Tee to Green (SGT2G)
- Strokes Gained: Approach (SGA)
- Birdie or Better % (Bir or Bet %)
- Par 5 Scoring Average (Par 5 Sco)
Sagarin Rankings Explained:
- Power Rating – This is NOT a stroke average. This is a measure of a player statistically against all other players in the database.
- Schedule Strength – The average strength of the field in each event the player has played.
- Schedule Rank – The rank of the players scheduled compared to all players in the database.
- Records – A player’s record based on all players in a competition. For example, if a field is 156 players, the winner would be 155-0-0, solo 2nd place, 154-1-0 and so on.
This ranking system is based on players vs. other players. Click here to learn more about the Sagarin Rankings.
|Bir or Bet %||7||Bir or Bet %||129|
|Par 5 Sco||7||Par 5 Sco||119|
|Bir or Bet %||32||Bir or Bet %||58|
|Par 5 Sco||184||Par 5 Sco||67|
|Bir or Bet %||5||Bir or Bet %||52|
|Par 5 Sco||5||Par 5 Sco||56|
|Bir or Bet %||10||Bir or Bet %||16|
|Par 5 Sco||44||Par 5 Sco||25|
|Bir or Bet %||49||Bir or Bet %||61|
|Par 5 Sco||59||Par 5 Sco||25|
|Bir or Bet %||157||Bir or Bet %||NA*|
|Par 5 Sco||139||Par 5 Sco||NA*|
*Viktor Hovland is not an official member of the PGA TOUR so he has no official stats. His Sagarin Ranking shows he certainly belongs though.
This Week’s Picks
Play NBC Predictor every week. It costs nothing and gives you a reason to follow the tourney. There is also a Sunday only competition that activates after Saturday’s results are official. The information provided is a guideline for what can be expected on an even playing field. Of course there are other variables that need to be intuitively accounted for. For example, Nate Lashley coming off a win or Viktor Hovland not having tour membership and therefore no official stats.
So without further ado, on with the show!
The Doctor is OUT…