The climax of the 2018-2019 PGA TOUR Season has arrived. The TOUR Championship will be contested at its traditional East Lake Golf Club venue in Atlanta, GA. However, the scoring will be anything but traditional as players will start at different totals under par determined by their FEC Ranking. And for the first time, the winner of the tournament and the winner of the FedExCup are guaranteed to be the same player.
East Lake is a par 70 layout tipping out at 7,346 yards. Strokes Gained: Tee to Green and Strokes Gained: Putting have proven to determine much of the success here.
We are staying consistent with last week and just doing one post for daily fantasy golf advice. When referring to player salary, the first dollar amount is DraftKings and the second is FanDuel.
DRAFT ALERT!!! – Players will be assigned a starting position based on FedExCup standing. The starting position is incorporated into fantasy points awarded for finishing position ONLY!!!
These statistics are key to success at East Lake G.C.
- Strokes Gained: Tee to Green (SGT2G)
- Par 4 Scoring Average (Par 4 Sco)
- Ball Striking (BS)
- Strokes Gained: Putting (SGP)
Horses For The Course
- Rory McIlroy ($10,600/$11,400) – The 2016 champ also has a runner-up finish on his East Lake resume. Recent form is above average, ranks 1st in SGT2G. Starting five shots back puts him in the chaser role from the first tee shot which should suit him nicely.
- Xander Schauffele ($9,500/$10,500) – Absolute stud at East Lake. Winner in 2017 and T7 last year with a scoring average of 67.88. Seven of eight rounds at East Lake have been in the 60s.
- Dustin Johnson ($8,400/$10,100) – Recent form aside, DJ has five top 10s, three of which have been top 5s at East Lake. Potential to turn it on any given week.
- Justin Rose ($6,900/$9,000) – Six straight top 10s on this course for Rosey. That’s the consistency we are familiar with from him. Ranks 7th on TOUR in SGP.
Top Tier Picks
- Brooks Koepka ($12,200/$12,100) – No doubt Brooksy is an enigma, but he loves to make history. A FedExCup Title would be a great culmination of his historical run and that is not lost on him. Has the stones to deal with the staggered start more than anyone. Ranks 11th, 1st and 6th in SGT2G, Par 4 Sco and BS respectively.
- Jon Rahm ($9,900/$10,700) – Two top 11s in his two trips to East Lake. Has started the playoffs like he ended the regular season with two consecutive top 5s. No worse that 27th in any of the four key stat categories.
Other Options: Patrick Cantlay ($12,400/$12,300), Webb Simpson ($9,700/$10,300)
Mid Tier Picks
- Adam Scott($8,200/$9,300) – Consecutive top 10s to open the playoffs due to vintage ball striking. Putting better than his norm. Ranks 4th in SGT2G and secured top 10s in last two trips to East Lake (2014,2016).
- Paul Casey($7,500/$8,300) – In five tries at East Lake has never finished worse than 11th including four top 5 finishes. Ranks 7th in SGT2G and 2nd in BS. No reason to believe he won’t show up to finish his solid season.
Other Options: Tommy Fleetwood ($7,700/$8,200), Brandt Snedeker ($7,300/$7,900)
Value Tier Picks
- Sungjae Im ($5,900/$7,200) – Riding hard with this guy during the back half of the season. Only rookie to make it to East Lake with a terrific 67 on Sunday at the BMW. Extremely polished for his age, seven top 10s among 15 top 25s this season. Caddies are buzzing about this guy which really tells me something.
- Jason Kokrak($5,300/$7,000) – Last man in the field won’t take it for granted. This has been a life changing season for the big fella. Great combo of power and precision, ranks 17th in SGT2G and 14th in BS. Career best top 10s and top 25s this season.
Other Options: Kevin Kisner ($6,600/$8,000), Corey Conners ($6,100/$7,400)
None, it would be disrespectful to say anyone is a “sleeper” in this field. These are the 30 guys playing the best right now. Not to mention I don’t think anyone has any idea how this staggered start is going to play out.
The Golf Geek’s Picks
Every week you can visit here and get daily fantasy golf advice. I will also share my lineups for each week. Follow along or as always, throw a comment below on your picks, teams, advice or strategy.
The Doctor Is Out…