The Fall Series moves on to its second event this week. The Sanderson Farms Championship will be contested, as always, at the Country Club of Jackson in Jackson, MS. The Sanderson Farms has often been played opposite another PGA TOUR event but got its own week on the schedule this season and will offer full FedExCup points.
That’s good news for the 50 Korn Ferry grads and 126-200 on last year’s FEC list as they try to rack up points against somewhat weaker fields in the fall.
The Country Club of Jackson plays as a par 72 and tips out at 7,421 yards. Anytime these guys have four par 5s to go after, par 5 scoring average is a key stat. See below for the other key stats and analysis for this week.
Until further notice or any special requests we will continue with one post for daily fantasy golf advice. When referring to player salary, the first dollar amount is DraftKings and the second is FanDuel.
***All statistics referenced are as of the end of the 2018-2019 season for both The PGA TOUR and The Korn Ferry Tour.
These statistics are key to success at the Country Club of Jackson.
- Strokes Gained: Approach The Green (SGAPG)
- Par 5 Scoring Average (Par 5 Sco)
- Birdie or Better Percentage (Bir or Bet)
- Par 4 Scoring Average (Par 4 Sco)
Horses For The Course
- Lucas Glover ($10,200/$10,800) – Glover is 4-4 in cuts made in Mississippi with a T22, T14 and T15 since 2014. He ranked 8th in Par 4 Sco and his Sagarin Ranking of 29th is second best in the field (Snedeker, 28th). Has a winning record against the top 100 in the OWGR.
- Vaughn Taylor ($9,300/$10,300) – Taylor is also 4-4 in cuts made at CC of Jackson. He has a T10 and two T20 finishes with a scoring average of 69.81. Finished last season making 10 straight cuts, five of which were top 20s.
- Nick Taylor ($8,300/$9,700) – The 2015 champ has played here three times since he won with no worse than a T26 finish. Ranks a surprising 23rd in Par 4 Sco and should feel comfortable in the weaker field.
Top Tier Picks
- Sungjae Im ($10,500/$11,600) – No surprise here. Im continues his consistent play and seems to get better playing every week. Missed cut here last year but expect that to be more motivation rather than demons. His strong rookie season had him ranked 6th, 22nd and 23rd respectively in Par 5 Sco, Bir or Bet and Par 4 Sco.
- Byeong Hun An ($10,000/$10,900) – It’s his first trip to CC of Jackson, but that’s because he’s normally at the WGC in China. Ranked 31st in SGAPG and should thrive on the tee to green test this course presents.
- Scottie Scheffler ($9,900/$11,000) – Seamless transition for the only fully exempt player from the KFT graduates with a T7 at The Greenbrier. Does not look to be phased by the bigger stage. Ranked 1st in both Par 5 Sco and Birdie Average on the Korn Ferry Tour last season.
Other Options: Brandt Snedeker ($10,700/$11,700), Cam Smith ($9,800/$10,500), Emiliano Grillo ($9,400/$10,600)
Mid Tier Picks
- Denny McCarthy ($8,900/$9,900) – Price tag seems a little high but form is solid. Finished T7 in this event last season. Little bit of a surprising stat line ranking 10th in Par 5 Sco and 13th in Bir or Bet which makes him intriguing. He did lead the TOUR in Strokes Gained: Putting last year and even though it’s not a key stat, it certainly doesn’t hurt.
- Wyndham Clark ($8,400/$9,200) – Since the Traveler’s in June Clark is 7-7 in cuts made with four top 20s. His first ever top 25 on the PGA TOUR came at CC of Jackson and he ranks 2nd in Par 5 Sco and 14th in Bir or Bet.
- Bronson Burgoon ($8,200/$9,600) – A bit of a flier here but he’s got a bunch of experience and played great in the KFT playoffs.
Other Options: Aaron Wise ($8,500/$9,800), Kyle Stanley ($8,100/$9,200), Sebastian Munoz ($7,900/$9,600)
Value Tier Picks
- Grayson Murray ($7,600/$9,000) – Finished T8 in this even his rookie season of 2016 where he lead at the midpoint. Didn’t have a very good season last year but that was mainly due to injury. Upon return from back issues he finished T23, T11 and T7 in The Korn Ferry Tour finals.
- Robby Shelton ($7,200/$8,600) – Got off to a scorching start last week at The Greenbrier but cooled on the weekend to finish T7. Still a very solid start for the rookie who has world-class talent. I think there is a lot of value in this pick. Finished 5th in Biride Average on the KFT last season.
- Wes Roach ($6,300/$7,600) – The value of value picks. If you want to top load your lineup then Roach is worth a look. He has been top five in Bir or Bet over his last six starts.
Other Options: Roberto Castro ($7,400/$9,200), Sepp Straka ($7,200/$8,900), D.J. Trahan ($6,800/$8,400)
These aren’t just value picks, these are guys that could make a run and finish high on the leader board.
- Corey Conners ($9,600/$10,200)
- Richie Werenski ($7,600/$8,900)
- Cameron Tringale ($7,300/$8,800)
- Patton Kizzire ($6,700/$8,000)
The Golf Geek’s Picks
Every week you can visit here and get daily fantasy golf advice. I will also share my lineups for each week. Follow along or as always, throw comment below on your picks, teams, advice or strategy.
The Doctor Is Out…