The Fall Series plugs along this week as the fellas head to the west coast. Coming off back-to-back 1st time winners, the beauty of the fall. With Sebastian Munoz claiming victory last week (we had him in our Fanduel lineup in case you were wondering). The fields continue to get stronger as Justin Thomas, Patrick Cantlay, Francisco Molinari and Adam Scott make their season debuts.
This will be the fourth consecutive year the event will be held at Silverado Resort and Spa (North) in Napa Valley, California. The course is a par 72 playing only a short 7,166 yards for these guys. As always, par 72s produce a ton of birdies on the par 5s, no exception here as 45% of last year’s birdies were made on the par 5s.
Look out for bogeys as well, Silverado produced the 13th most bogeys last season (out of 49 events).
Until further notice or any special requests we will continue with one post for daily fantasy golf advice. When referring to player salary, the first dollar amount is DraftKings and the second is FanDuel.
***All statistics referenced are as of the end of the 2018-2019 season for both The PGA TOUR and The Korn Ferry Tour.
These statistics are key to success at Silverado Resort and Spa (North)
- Par 5 Scoring Average (Par 5 Sco)
- Strokes Gained: Approach the Green (SGAPG)
- Bogey Avoidance (Bog Av)
- Strokes Gained: Off the Tee (SGT)
Horses For The Course
- Justin Thomas ($11,600/$12,200) – The argument could be made he’s a
horse for any course. The wrist injury seems to be completely behind him as he has a win, T3 and no worse than a pair of T12s in his last four starts. Finished T3 and T8 in his last two starts at Silverado and ranks 1st in Par 5 Sco, 2nd in SGAPG and 4th in SGT.
- Hideki Matsuyama ($10,500/$11,500) – No surprise here, ranks no worse than 23rd in the four key stat categories. Has posted a T3 and T17 in his two trips to Silverado with a scoring average of 69.25.
- Ryan Moore ($9,100/$7,000) – Moore always likes certain racetracks and this is one of them. Has posted T10-T17-P2 (lost in last year’s playoff) at Silverado. Ranked 16th in SGAPG.
Top Tier Picks
- Adam Scott ($10,700/$11,700) – The Safeway debutante comes in boasting three top 10 finishes in the FedExCup Playoffs and 10 total top 10s last season. Ranked 2nd, 4th and 3rd respectively in Par 5 Sco, SGAPG and SGT.
- Sungjae Im ($10,100/$11,000) – The reigning PGA TOUR ROY is showing no signs of slowing down. Had his career best finish at the Sanderson losing in a playoff last week. Ranked 6th in Par 5 Sco. Last year’s Safeway was Im’s first career TOUR start in a non-major and he finished T4.
- Byeong Hun An ($9,500/$10,800) – Making his first trip to Silverado in excellent form. Course suits him well and he’s coming of a solo 3rd in last week’s Sanderson Farm Championship.
Other Options: Patrick Cantlay ($11,200/$11,900), Bryson DeChambeau ($9,900/$11,300), Brandt Snedeker ($9,600/$10,700)
Mid Tier Picks
- Scott Piercy ($8,600/$8,300) – Substantial value, particularly in FanDuel. Has two top 20s in four trips to Silverado including a T3. Ranked 7th in Bog Av. Led field in Par 5 Sco at The Greenbrier.
- Kevin Streelman ($8,300/$9,900) – Very solid value in DrafKings. Closed last week’s Sanderson Farm with a field low 64 en route to a T4. He’s streaking so play him while you can. Two top 25s in his last two starts at Silverado.
- Harris English ($7,900/$9,500) – Has started the season with two top 10s. Seems to be on a mission to stay on the PGA TOUR for good. Has two career PGA TOUR victories so he is a proven winner.
Other Options: Emiliano Grillo ($8,800), Charles Howell III ($8,100/$9,600), Troy Merritt ($7,700/$9,300)
Value Tier Picks
- Brendan Steele ($7,400/$9,100) – Back to back winner in 2016 and 2017. Current form isn’t great but a comfy golf course is sometimes just what the doctor ordered.
- Cameron Tringale ($7,200/$8,800) – Off to a solid start to the new season. Has made both cuts with one top 25 finish. Ranked 20th in Bog Av and is showing signs he might be ready to contend.
- Robby Shelton ($7,100/$8,800) – This guy will continue to pop up on this list if he stays at these salary levels. Excellent ball striking over the first two events of the season. Finished T7 at The Greenbrier and T28 and the Sanderson. Ball striking was great both weeks, picked up 2.5 strokes in SGAPG at The Greenbrier and hit 83.3% of his fairways at the Sanderson.
Other Options: Kevin Chappell ($7,200/$8,600), Tom Hoge ($7,100/$8,700), Adam Long ($6,900/$8,400)
These aren’t just value picks, these are guys that could make a run and finish high on the leader board.
- Colin Morikawa ($9,400/$10,600)
- Chez Reavie ($9,200/$10,400)
- Bronson Burgoon ($8,000/$9,600)
- Nate Lashley ($7,600/$9,200)
- Carlos Ortiz ($7,500/$8,900)
The Golf Geek’s Picks
Every week you can visit here and get daily fantasy golf advice. I will also share my lineups for each week. Follow along or as always, throw comment below on your picks, teams, advice or strategy.
The Doctor Is Out…